M & M Behavioral Health Solutions
- Reasonable access to care
- Care that is considerate and respectful of your personal values and beliefs
- Know the identity and professional status of individuals providing care to you
- Privacy, confidentiality and security
- Have rules and policies explained to you upon admission and again when you are able to understand them, if applicable
- An environment that is respectful, courteous, and preserves your dignity
- Be free from mental, physical, sexual and verbal abuse, neglect and exploitation
- Expect confidentiality regarding your records, condition and treatment, to have access to your medical records in keeping with hospital policy, and to have them explained to you
- Be informed regarding the nature of your condition, proposed treatment, procedures and prognosis in terms and in the manner you understand
- Request a review of your treatment at any time
- Participate actively in decisions regarding your medical care or if unable, delegate a family member/representative to participate and make decisions for your care
- Know about alternative methods of treatment, their risks and advantages
- Refuse treatment to the extent permitted by law and be informed of the consequences of such action (including but not limited to termination of services, emergency petition, transfer, etc.)
- Have your pain assessed and treated appropriately
- Obtain information as to any relationship between the MMBHS and other community providers
- Know the nature of the professional relationships between individuals who are treating you
- Formulate and receive treatment based on your advanced directives
- Request an interpreter as needed (language, signing, TTY, etc)
- Examine and receive an explanation of your bill regardless of the source of payment to the extent permitted by law
- Receive information regarding your continuing health care requirements following discharge
- Provide accurate and complete information, to the best of your knowledge, concerning your present and past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications and other information relating to your health
- Ask questions if you do not clearly understand information and instructions about your treatment and care
- Follow the instructions and treatment plan coordinated by your provider
- Be considerate and respectful to our caregivers, other clients, and staff
- Present to MMBHS a copy of your Living Will or Power of Attorney for Healthcare so that your Advanced Directives can be honored
- Be responsible for your own actions if you refuse treatment or refuse to follow your treatment instructions
- Cooperate in your discharge planning
- Report changes in your condition to those responsible for your care
- Honor the confidentiality and privacy of other clients
- Follow MMBHS rules and regulations
- Ensure that payment for your care is made promptly and in full. This means understanding your insurance coverage and its limits, and any added responsibilities you may have.
- Comply with this policy by respecting client's rights and reinforcing client's responsibilities
In order to guarantee the highest quality healthcare for our clients, MMBHS participates in a national accreditation process conducted by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
The Joint Commission is an independent, not-for-profit organization that sets national standards for measuring healthcare quality and safety, including the safety of the environment where healthcare is provided. The Joint Commission conducts routine unannounced accreditation surveys throughout the year at participating locations.
If you have questions or concerns about safety at MMBHS or quality of care you may contact the offices listed below to file a grievance:
-For MMBHS please contact the Clinical Director at (410) 766-6624; 1406 Crain Highway South, Ste 104, Glen Burnie, MD 21076.
-The Joint Commission at Office of Quality Monitoring, The Joint Commission, One Renaissance Boulevard, Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois 60181. You may also contact The Joint Commission by calling (800) 994-6610 or via email email@example.com.